A Therapeutic Enhancement
The yoga therapy program is a six-month, 18-hour course designed to support yoga teachers and dedicated practitioners wanting to incorporate therapeutic applications into their practice and teachings. Participants will deepen their knowledge of yoga and the human body to support growth through mind-body techniques for themselves and others. The program is limited to 4 applicants. Meeting times are mutually agreed upon and dictated by the group.
In this program, teachers and practitioners will understand & learn how to apply anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, and neuroscience principles through therapeutic techniques during monthly 2-hour live zoom workshops. All sessions are recorded and downloadable.
Teachers and students will also meet with Jennifer each month individually for an hour (in-person or via zoom) to personalize the material. Examples of this personalization are:
- yoga therapy session for self or another
- yoga lesson blending yoga therapy with traditional yoga styles
- a pre-recorded class based on a topic of your choice
- creating a specialized group class for a specific condition
- how to work with particular injuries
- support with private clients or classes
This program will enhance teachers’ understanding and application of yoga as a holistic, supportive practice for themselves and their students. 200 & 300-hour teacher training programs begin the journey to learning mind-body practices that cultivate equanimity. This program offers 18 contact continuing education credits for Yoga Alliance. CEUs are only available for those currently registered with Yoga Alliance.
The program includes coverage of the following topics:
- Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Art of Sequencing, Benchmarking, and Refining
- Applicable Interviewing and Conversation
- Yoga Therapy Techniques: Science Behind & Application
- interoceptive awareness
- myofascial release
- neural gliding
- emotional freedom technique
- sprint journaling
The program includes an overview and application of each topic. Students can elect to dive deeper into any subject during their monthly one-on-one sessions.
Yoga Therapy for Yoga Teachers qualify for CEU’s under Yoga Alliance guidelines. Both contact and non-contact CEU‘s provided in the following:
- Techniques, Training & Practice
- Teaching Methodology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics
Yoga Alliance requires all RYTs and E-RYTs must complete 75 hours of CE within three years from their initial registration date, every three years.
This total number of hours must include:
Early Bird: $1200 when paid in full by Dec. 5th
Regular Tuition: $1400 when paid in full by Dec. 31st
Two payments of $750
Monthly payments of $275
- One 2-hour monthly workshop via zoom live with available PowerPoint and downloadable recordings
- One 60-minute one-on-one session available via zoom or in-studio
- Unlimited review and feedback of work
- Monthly opportunity to review Jennifer’s therapeutic client caseload, review plan of care, and progress notes
Payment is due at the time of registration or according to the payment plan schedule. If you need to cancel or reschedule a one-on-one, please provide 24–hour notice. If you do not attend a scheduled session and do not provide 24–hour notice to reschedule an appointment, you will forfeit the session for the month. All sessions are per month, and no sessions may roll-over into the following month. If you miss a workshop, a recording will be available, and hours will transfer to non-contact hours for CEUS.