YogaWorks 200 Hour Teacher Training Curriculum Includes:
- Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
- Principles of anatomy
- Hands-on adjustments
- How to observe bodies
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
- Cultivating your voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Sanskrit names of postures
- The Business of Yoga
What makes YogaWorks teacher training unique?
- Lineage & Experience: We’ve refined our comprehensive curriculum over 25 years.
- Intelligent Sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class.
- Learn to truly teach: Our program isn’t about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
- Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
- Global Recognition: With a legacy that includes today’s yoga leaders and over 10,000 alumni, YogaWorks teacher training is respected worldwide.
- Yoga Alliance 5 Star Rating
February 23 – May 20, 2018
Fridays | 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturdays | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sundays | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Meets the following 7 weekends:
March 9-11 & 23-25
April 13-15 & 20-22
May 4-6 & 18-20
Students are required to take 16 classes throughout the duration of the program to experience different styles, levels and methodologies.
Yoga Lab Mammoth Lakes
6085 Minaret Rd. B-2
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Early price tuition when paid in full by October 8, 2017: $3,000
Early price tuition when paid in full by December 28, 2017: $3,250
Full price tuition after December 28, 2017: $3,400
To register, click the link below to be redirected to YogaWorks.
Students will receive 16 complimentary classes at Yoga Lab Mammoth Lakes.
Tuition must be paid in full by the early registration date to receive the discounted rate.
Payment Plans available off the full price plus a $50 admin fee (50% of tuition must received two weeks before start date).
Contact us for more details.
Minimum of six months of a consistent yoga practice or equivalent training.
How do I sign up for the program?
We will follow up within 48 hours of receiving your payment with your training welcome materials. A $500 deposit is due upon enrollment to hold your spot. Your payment is due in full by the early registration date in order to receive the discounted rate. Full payment is required a week before the start of the program unless a payment plan has been previously arranged.
What style of Yoga is the YogaWorks Teacher Training?
YogaWorks is a Vinyasa-based school that teaches a method that balances precise instruction, detailed alignment, breath and fluid movement. Classes are carefully themed to deepen the students’ experience of Yoga. A flow of Sun Salutations and postures are skillfully sequenced, and modifications and props are used to individualize the practice for each student. The YogaWorks Teacher Training Program is based on this clear and effective style of practice. YogaWorks style classes can be paced moderately to vigorously depending on the level of the class.
At YogaWorks, we have been leading teacher trainings for over 25 years and have trained some of the world’s most celebrated Yogis. Our program is considered the most respected program in Teacher Training with over 10,000 graduates in over 20 countries.
How proficient in Yoga do I have to be to do the 200-Hour Program?
We require that you have a minimum of 6 months of a consistent yoga practice before enrolling in our teacher training program. We want to make sure that trainees have a basic foundation in the primary yoga postures before learning how to teach. If it appears that you do not have the necessary foundation, we will kindly ask you to defer your training until you have this experience. Please be aware that each day includes a vigorous two + hour asana class.
What will I learn in the 200-hour YogaWorks Teacher Training?
In addition to making lifelong friends and deepening your experience of yoga, you will study the following topics in depth:
• Asana – learn the safe and intelligent way to perform poses
• Alignment – with modifications, variations and the proper use of props
• Sequencing – how to design dynamic, effective and intelligent sequences for all levels
• Working with different kinds of bodies/students
• How to observe bodies in practice
• Working with injuries and limitations
• Hands on adjustments
• Practice teaching
• Pranayama – breathing techniques
• Sanskrit translations
• The History and Philosophy of Yoga (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
• Prenatal Yoga
• The business of Yoga and how to be successful as a teacher
What If I don’t want to be a teacher?
No problem! Our 200-hour training is ideal for those who want to delve deeper into the study of yoga, and to improve their own practice. It’s also great for students who simply want to have a transformational experience and to be a part of our thriving Yoga Community.
I have an injury/special condition – can I take this course?
We recommend that you check with your physician first and must sign a waiver stating that you are able to take the class. With your doctor’s permission and release, minor physical limitations can also serve as helpful demonstrations to learn to work with students with similar limitations.
Can I take this Training if I’m pregnant?
We have had many pregnant students in our programs. It all depends on how you are feeling. All students should first check with their doctor to make sure they are clear to take this training.
What is YogaWorks Teacher Training Cancellation and Refund Policy?
For YogaWorks Tranings that do not include room and board in the price of tuition: A $500 deposit is due upon enrollment to hold your spot. If you cancel 30 days or more before the start of the program you will forfeit $250 of your deposit and the remaining balance will be refunded. If you cancel 14-30 days before of the start of the program, you will forfeit your entire deposit and any remaining balance will be refunded.
These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel within 14 days before the start of the program or do not attend the program, the entire deposit and program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once the program begins the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
What are the 200-Hour graduation requirements?
In order to graduate the program you must be paid in full and fulfill the following requirements:
• Attendance of in-class teacher training sessions
• Successful completion of homework, quizzes, in-class and take-home final exams (don’t worry, you will be will prepared!)
• Participation in a final in-class practice teaching practicum
• Completion of class taking requirement (select weekend formats only)
Can I practice at your studios during Training?
When you enroll for a 200-Hour program at a YogaWorks studio, you will have access to all regularly scheduled classes at one of our YogaWorks branded studio for 3 months, starting on the first day of your training (certain limits may apply). This benefit does not include workshops, other training programs and does not apply at partner studios. This benefit does not apply to trainings hosted at our Baltimore studios.
Do I get access to MyYogaWorks Online classes during my Training?
Yes! You will have free access to MyYogaWorks.com for the duration of your originally scheduled training. You will be sent an email during the first week of your training with instructions on how to activate your free account. Special alumni rates are available if you would like to continue your membership after training ends.
I took a 200-Hour training with another school. Can I take your 300-Hour course?
Yes! All you need to do is take our bridge program beforehand. Our 75-hour Bridge Program is designed to give non-YogaWorks 200-Hour teacher trainees the basic foundations and principles upon which our 300-Hour is built.
Is there a minimum age requirement to take the training?
You must be at least 16 years old to take the teacher training. If you are between 16 and 18 years old it is required that we receive approval from the trainer and written consent from your legal guardian 30 days before the start of the training?
Do you help organize accommodations for travelling students?
We do not organize accommodations for our Studio Teacher Trainings, but Craigslist and Air BnB are great sources for finding short-term housing. Accommodations are only included in our Destination Teacher Trainings.
Are any books and materials included in the price of the trainings?
All YogaWorks Teacher Training Manuals are included, but you will need to purchase additional required books. As a trainee, you will receive a 15% off your required reading list at YogaWorks studios.
200-Hour Required Reading:
• Heart of Yoga by Desikachar
• Yoga, Mind, Body & Spirit by Donna Farhi
• Light On Yoga by B.K.S Iyengar
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
300-Hour Required Reading:
• The Deeper Dimension of Yoga by Georg Feurstein
• Bhagavad Gita: The Beloved Lord’s Secret Love Song by Graham Schweig
• Heart of Yoga by Desikachar
How many students are enrolled in each Teacher Training at one time?
We typically have 15-25 individuals in our trainings but some classes can be even larger.
What is the 200-hour Attendance and Class Make-Up Policy?
Yoga Alliance requires that you complete all 200 hours of the teacher training. However, we understand that sometimes conflicts come up, and we have developed the make-up policy listed below. Please note that you can miss a maximum of 27 training hours, and you will have one year from the last day of your program to complete your attendance requirements. If you miss more than 27 hours or do not complete your make up hours within one year, you will receive a not passing status and will be required to pay in full to retake the training.
You have the following two options for making up your missed time:
Option 1: Schedule a private session with your trainer at some point during the program. The cost of a private session ranges from $100-$150 per hour:
• 1 hour private = 1-4 hours of missed time
• 1.5 hour private = 5-6 hours of missed time
• 2 hour private = 7-8 hours of missed time
• 2.5 hour private = 9-10 hours of missed time
• 3 hour private = 11-13 hours of missed time
Please note: Only two sessions of private instruction, regardless of hours, are allowable and are subject to trainer availability. The remainder of your missed time will need to be made up in a future training (see Make Up option 2 below). Private make up sessions are only an option during your current training and are not an option once the program is complete.
Option 2: You can attend the days you missed in an upcoming training of the same format in another YogaWorks training, free of additional class training charge. You have one year from your program end date to complete your make up classes. If the training is sold out, you will need to wait for a future training with space available to complete your make up(s).
Please note that if you miss over 27 hours, you will not pass the program and will be required to pay in full to retake the program.
What is the 300-hour Attendance and Class Make-Up Policy?
To obtain a letter of completion you must attend 100% of the classes to comply with Yoga Alliance requirements. However, we understand that you may not be able to foresee every conflict, so we have devised the following procedures if you must miss a class as outlined below.
There are two components of the 300-Hour Program: Workshop Series and Apprenticeship.
MAKE UP POLICY FOR WORKSHOP SERIES
• If you miss 1-24 hours: You will be given the opportunity to make up the hours in a future training free of charge, subject to space availability. You must complete these make-ups within one year of the program end date. If you do not make up the hours within one year of the program end date, you will not pass the workshop segment of the program and will be required to pay in full to retake the workshop series.
• If you miss over 24 hours: You will not pass the workshop segment of the program and will be required to pay in full to retake the workshop series.
MAKE UP POLICY FOR APPRENTICESHIP ASSISTING AND CLASS TAKING
All assisting and class taking requirements must be completed to pass the apprenticeship segment of the program. Your class taking and assisting forms are to be turned into your mentor once you are finished.
• You will have one month from the program end date to complete any assisting and class taking make ups. Please note that unless you were given an extension, your unlimited yoga will still end the last day of the program.
• You can only reschedule up to 6 assists with your mentor. If you reschedule more than 6 classes you will not pass the apprenticeship portion of the program.
• If you’re assisting and class taking requirements are not completed within one month of the program end date you will not pass the apprenticeship portion of the program (unless you have been granted an extension in advance).
It is important to honor your commitment to both your mentor and the students of the class you are assisting. If you are going to miss a class, make sure to notify your mentor 24 hours in advance.
MAKE UP POLICY FOR APPRENTICESHIP MENTOR MEETINGS
• You must complete all mentor meeting requirements in order to pass the program. This includes the practice teaching sessions that are held as part of your mentor group. The maximum number of mentor meetings that you can miss and make up (with a private and/or an assignment) is two meetings. If you miss more than two mentor meetings, you will not pass the apprenticeship portion of the program.
• You must give your mentor 24 hours notice when you need to miss a mentor meeting
• The form of makeup you are given (private and/or assignment) will be at the discretion of your mentor and must be completed within one month of the program end date.
For those who do not pass the apprenticeship portion of the program, you will have the opportunity to complete a new apprenticeship at the then current cost of the apprenticeship portion of the program.
The Apprenticeship and the Workshop series must both be completed within two years of the initial start date. If they are not both completed within two years, you will be required to retake the full program at full price.
What are the differences between the 200-hour program formats (i.e. Intensive vs. Extended etc.)?
The same “core” content is covered in all of our 200-Hour Programs regardless of scheduled format. The different formats were created to meet the variety of scheduling needs of our students.
• The Intensive Format is scheduled Monday-Friday, 9 hours a day, over the span of 4 weeks (e.g. Monday-Friday 9:00-6:00pm).
• The Weekend Format spans over 12 consecutive weekends, 13 hours a weekend, for 3 months (e.g. Saturday & Sunday 12:00-6:30pm).
• The Extended Weekend Format is the same as the Weekend format above, except instead of consecutive weekends it is extended over the course of 5-6 months.
• The Extended Partner Trainings meet for seven weekends, 22 hours a weekend, over the course of 5-6 months (e.g. Friday 5:00-9:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 8:00-5:00pm).
It is important to note that all of our 200-Hour formats meet the required Yoga Alliance standards as specified on their website, www.yogaalliance.org.
How much time should I expect to spend on 200-hour homework?
Expect to spend between 3-4 hours a week on homework. The homework is designed to support the material covered in class and help you integrate what is presented into your own practice and teaching. If you are not planning on teaching after this course, you may choose not to complete all of the homework assignments and take the course for non-credit. However, if you wish to receive your Diploma and Letter of Completion for the course, you must attend all the sessions and complete all the homework assignments.
What is the Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is an organization that was started in 1999 as a way to create nationally recognized standards for yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainings in the US. More and more yoga studios across the country are requiring their teachers to register with the Yoga Alliance, either at the 200-Hour or 500-Hour level. Yoga Alliance registration, however, is not a legal requirement for teaching yoga. Currently, there are no legal certification requirements to be a yoga teacher. The YogaWorks Trainings are approved at the Yoga Alliance 200-Hour and 500-Hour level in the United States. YogaWorks trainings have a 5 Star Yoga Alliance rating based on past training participants.
Is the YogaWorks Teacher Training qualification recognized around the world?
Yes! The YogaWorks Teacher Training is globally recognized and respected which is why we have over 10,000 graduates. Our students come from all over the U.S. and all over the world to take our training and to bring the knowledge back home to their own communities. However, it is always prudent to check in your country if there are any specific requirements.
Will I be qualified to teach yoga once I complete the 200-Hour Teacher Training Program?
Yes! With the successful completion of all the requirements of the program, including contact hours, homework, and exam, you will receive your Letter of Completion and Diploma evidencing your training at the 200-Hour Level. You may also register with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) at the RYT-200 level (Registered Yoga Teacher 200). Graduates of the 200-Hour program usually begin teaching in small studios, gyms, with private clientele (friends and family), etc. Many new teachers decide to continue their Teacher Training education and participate in our 300-Hour Professional Program as a way to further solidify their skills, knowledge, and style as a yoga instructor. The YogaWorks Professional Program offers a curriculum that builds on the material presented in YogaWorks initial 200-Hour training as well as a six-month apprenticeship with a senior teacher whom trainees assist weekly, and meet with monthly to gain valuable in-class experience and one-on-one attention. This training is a thorough, professional training for becoming a highly skilled yoga teacher. It rounds out and solidifies a teacher’s complete education.
What is the process for getting hired to teach at a YogaWorks studio?
YogaWorks seeks a diverse, committed, and well-trained faculty who uphold our high standard of quality for safe, effective and accessible teaching in the field of yoga. The process to teach at YogaWorks starts with an audition held by the YogaWorks teacher managers and at least one senior teacher. YogaWorks required that its teachers have 500-hours of yoga teaching education. Special consideration is given to graduates of the YogaWorks 300-hour Professional program.
Please note that being hired at YogaWorks, or at any institution, is not only a matter of completing a training, but of the right teaching fit for that studio as well as the availability of openings on the schedule. It is never guaranteed.
What is the YogaWorks Certification Assessment?
We encourage YogaWorks 500-Hour Graduates to make a professional statement by becoming certified in the YogaWorks Method. This assessment includes both a written and practical exam which will be evaluated by a panel of senior teachers. This achievement will indicate that you understand and represent the standards for which YogaWorks is renowned. Teachers who are YogaWorks Certified can title their class style as YogaWorks on studio schedules. 200-hour Training Lead Assistants and Teacher Trainers are also required to be YogaWorks Certified.
Certain exceptions apply. Please contact us for additional details.